Makka Masala is a very yummy dish prepared to serve with Roti.
Makka ( Corn ) – 1 Kg
Tomato ( Tomato) -100 grm
Sukhila Lanka ( Dry Chills ) – 2 Pc
Haladi Gunda ( Turmeric powder ) -1 tsp
Piaja ( Onion ) -100grm
Aada ( Ginger ) – 2inch
Rasuna ( Garlic ) -15 cloves
Jeera ( Cumin Seeds ) – 3tsp
Tela ( Refined oil ) – 4-5 tbsp
Luna ( Salt ) – as per taste
- Peel the corn and cut it into small round slices.
- Take an onion, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds (2 tsp) and dry chilies and the grind into a fine paste. Cut the tomatoes into small slices.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Allow spluttering.
- Add the paste (from step -2), turmeric powder to it and stir it. Fry this paste over medium flame until it begins turning light brown.
- Add the tomatoes (from step-3) to it and continue to fry till the paste is cooked well.
- Then add corn slices, salt (as per taste) to it and stir it till the corns fried with the paste properly.
- Then add 2-3 cups of water to it and stir it properly.
- Boil it, till the core become tender and the gravy thickens to the desired consistency.
- Serve it hot as a side dish with rice, roti and paratha.
Also Read: Easy steps for Sijha Mansa Curry