- Raw Mango/ Aamba – 2 nos
- Dry Chilies / Sukhila Lanka – 2/3 Pc
- Mustard / Sorisha – 1tsp
- cumin / Jeera – 1tsp
- Curry leaf / Bhrusanga Patra – 10 gm
- Mustard Oil / Sorisha Tela – 1 Large spoon
- Salt / Luna – as per taste
- Sugar / Chini – 1 Cup
- fried cumin powder / Bhaja Jeera Gunda – 1tsp
- Chili Powder/ Lanka Gunda – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Haladi Gunda – 1tsp
Step wise Preparation
- The 1st step after collecting the ingredients is to cut the green mangoes into slices.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add Cumin seeds, mustard seed, Dry chilies and curry leaves to it. Allow spluttering.
- Pour this sliced mango in it.
- Then add Turmeric Powder and salt according to the taste.
- Pour tow cups of water in it and keep on stirring in medium flame for approx. 5 minutes and then add sugar in it.
- Again wait for another approx. 5 minutes and then remove it from flame.
- Then add fried cumin and chili powder and mix it properly and serve.
Mango Pickles tastes best when served with Paratha,Pakhala (Water rice) .Try the process and taste it with Paratha and comment here your experience in the below Facebook comment box.
What’s New in OdiaLive !