Poda Pitha is the favourite and holds a special place in every Odia’s heart. It is said Raja Festival is colourless and tasteless without Poda Pitha . The cuisine is also the favourite dish of Lord Jagannath “The God of the Universe”.So here comes the recipe of the favourite and unqiue dish . Check it out , try @ Home and share your experience with us .
- Rice (Chawal)- 500 grams
- Black gram (Biri)- 500 grams
- Jaggery/ Sugar – 500 grams
- Green Cardamom (powder)- 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut – 1
- Soak rice and biri for 5 hours and then grind to a fine paste.
- Add salt to the dough and let it stand overnight.
- Break coconut into 2 halves. Grate one half and cut the other half into small pieces.
- Add all the coconuts, jaggery, cardamom powder to the dough.
- Mix well.
- Pour the dough to a baking dish smeared with little oil.
- Heat the oven at 300 degrees farenheit. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 mins.
- To check for pitha readiness, insert toothpick or fork. If the dough does not stick, its ready.
- Allow the pitha to cool before cutting into pieces.