- 1 Cup Bengal gram/ chana dal
- 1 tbsp semolina/sooji
- 2 Tsbp toor dal/pigeon peas
- 2 Red chillies
- 2-3 Garlic flakes – chopped
- 1-2 Green chillies chopped
- 1 ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- A small pinch of asafoetida/hinge
- Salt of taste
- Few corianders leaves & curry leaves chopped
- Wash & soak the lentils/dal in enough water for 1-2 hrs .
- Retain a fistful of dal separately & grind the rest with red chill ,
- Ginger & garlic to a coarse paste .
- Add very little water if necessary .
- In a bowl add the paste with the chopped leaves & the whole lentils .
- Add salt, asafoetida, fennel seed to the above paste & mix properly .
- Add oil /water to your hand, take 1 scoop from the paste & give it a shape of the disc .
- Repeat this action with all the paste & keep the discs in the plate .
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan/kadai .
- Slid these discs into hot oil & let them cook in medium flame till golden brown in color .
- Now Your Hot Garma garam Lentil Fritters in Ready . Serve Hot with Tomato Sauce or Chutney and Enjoy .
Must write Us your experience of 1st try : firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s New in OdiaLive !