Baliyatra” is organized in Cuttack city of Odisha.
When is Bali Yatra 2019?
The trade fair is from 12th November and will conclude on 22nd November. It is the largest trade fair in Odisha with more than 1500 stalls and shops from 30 districts are opened. This trade fair open for the Public for 7 to 10 days from the start of Kartika Purnima. The festive begins from the day of Karthik Purnima.
Check out the previous year’s pictures and videos of Bali Yatra of the most famous festival and event of Odisha conducted in Cuttack every year.
Bali Yatra festival is held on the banks of river Mahanadi and near Gadagadia temple in Cuttack. The week festival is observed to mark the day when ancient Sadhabas(ancient mariners) would set sail to distant lands of Bali, for trade and cultural expansion. It also marks the culmination of all the religious festivities held in the month of Karthik, which is considered as the most auspicious month of the 12 months in a calendar year.
This Festival in Odisha marks the pinnacle of all the religious festivities held in the most sacred month of Karthik.
On the day of Karthika Purnima, This mega event is celebrated in Odisha by sailing small boats made out of cork, colored paper and banana barks lit by lamps placed inside them.
Lakhs of People come to enjoy the fair to the bank of river Mahanadi for buying and selling varieties of goods. This year there will be boating facilities. This huge market is ready with goods, commodities, and appliances signifying traditional crafts to modern appliances as an open market for all peoples.
Not only for the visitors, but also the festive is the best opportunity for traders and artisans to showcase their products.
Start Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019, End Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019, Venue: Cuttack, Odisha
Here are Top reasons why you should never miss Bali Yatra 2019?
1. There will be more than 1500 Stalls, including stalls of brands, foods, and entertainment.
2. There will be a boating facility for visitors.
3. Renowned Bollywood singers, Daler Mehendi, Sona Mohapatra, KK and Rituraj Mohanty will be performing in Bollywood Nights.
4. Ollywood sensation Sheetal, Ira Mohanty, Humane Sagar, Aseema Panda, Goodly Rath will also be performing this Bali Yatra.
5. Famous Odissi dancer, percussionist, Guru, and Choreographer and archivist Ratikant Mohapatra will also be a part of the event.
6. Do not forget to visit the ORMAS stalls.
7. There will be a special Pavillion for Cuttack famous Tarakasi work on Silver filigree works.
8. Mo Rikshaw and Mo Cycle will be available for making the journey of visitors much easier.
9. Do visit the Maritime zone to explore maritime history.
10. There will be Patha Utsav too.
Image Courtesy: Deba Prasad Swain and SRAV Photography
Also Read: Bali Yatra Memories
SPECIAL BALI JATRA 2019
SPECIAL BALI JATRA SONG