Panchamukhi Temple is located in Khannagar of the Silvercity of Odisha . The temple is situated in the bank of river Kathajodi.The temple is said to be a hundred years old temple.Apart from Lord Hanuman , Lord Ram , Laxman and goddess Sita are also being worshiped in the temple .
About Shri Panchamukha Hanuman :
Shri Panchamukha Hanuman is one of the most important upasana deity of our Guru Parampara.Shri Panchamukhi Hanuman refers to five faces.As per the scriptures , Lord Hanuman assumed this form to slay Mahiravana, brother of Ravana.
Shri Panchamukhi Hanuman refers to five faces.Every Face of Shri Panchamukha Hanuman has significance —
1) Sri Hanuman faces East. He grants purity of mind and success.
2) The Narasimha faces South. He grants victory and fearlessness.
3) The West facing Garuda removes black magic and poisons.
4) The North facing Varaha, showers prosperity, wealth.
5) Hayagriva mukha faces the Sky. But since we cannot see it, it is usually tilted and shown above Hanuman’s face. Hayagriva gives knowledge and good children.
“Panchasyachutamaneka vichitra veeryam |
Sri shanka chakra ramaniya bhujagra desam ||
Peethambaram makara kundala noopurangam |
Dhyayethitam kapivaram hruthi bhvayami” ||
Check out –>>