International acclaimed artistic director & founder of Lasyakala Dance Vision – Saswat Joshi and his Odissi troupe held the 9th edition of their annual dance festival Aekalavya as a tribute to Guru Shishya Parampara on 20th March in Malaysia in association with Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Indian Cultural Centre,High Commission of India.
This is the first time Lasyakala took Indian Classical dances to an International audience to celebrate their Annual Day.The event was held at Shantanand Auditorium of The Temple of Fine Arts.Saswat Joshi & his team members – Ananya Mihir, Akankashya Kumari, Asima Priyadarshini, Jagruti Rath, Bibhudatta Das and Subhadra Sushmita performed in the event.
There is a lot more to know about this unique event and here are some of the interesting facts –
- – The Essence of Guru Sishya Parampara .
- – Promoting Odissi dance and dancers in an International platform .
- – To bring the known and unknown artists to limelight & honoring them with Aekalavya Samman.
- – Celebrating the Navarasha theme.The intense feeling of the nine rasas inherent in all mankind was brought out by him through the metaphor of Shiva and this was presented verbatim by his disciple Dr. Ileana Citaristi, the much revered guru of Saswat Joshi.
– Promoting visual & performing art together in the same platform.
– Promoting the essence of the great Indian Classical Dance Odissi , Kathak , Bharatnatyam , Kuchipudi in a broader way.
- – The rich art , Culture & Crafts of Odisha is promoted in form of awards and honours.
- – This is the first time an Indian classical dance form performed in the foreign land.