Few lesser known facts about Budhia Singh
- The full name of marathon runner Budhia is Budhia Awooga Singh. He was born in the year 2002.
- His father died in his early age. Because of poverty Budhia’s mother sold him to a travelling salesman for Rs.800 in 2004.
- Biranchi , the coach punished him by making him run, but then forgot about him; he returned after five hours and Budhia was still running.
- After medical check up his heart was found to be normal even after running for hours. He then began to train Budhia to run marathons.
- By the age of four, Budhia had run and completed 48 marathons.
- He ran from Bhubaneswar to Puri at the age of four covering 65 kilometers in seven hours and two minutes.
- Budhia name was listed as the world’s youngest marathon runner in the Limca book of records in the year 2006.
- A feature-length documentary called Marathon Boy was released in 2011 covering Budhia and Das for five years starting in 2006. The documentary was funded by HBO & BBC Storyville. In the film, Budhia makes a withdrawal of his accusations against Das.The film Marathon Boy (2011) was nominated for an EMMY.
- A Bollywood Film titled “Budhia Singh – Born to Run” based on Budhia Singh is directed by Soumendra Padhi and produced by Viacom 18 pictures, Subrat Ray, Gajraj Rao and Subhamitra Sen. The film is set to release on 5th August, 2016.Click to know more about the Movie.