1 . Sarpa Durga , Machua Bazaar started Durga Puja in the silver city . The Zamindar Late.Swaroop Chandra Das started the puja in the year 1752 at his residence in Machaua Bazaar .
2. Choudhary Bazaar is the first puja committee to come up with Chandi Medha and golden crown .
3.There are about 162 Puja Mandaps with idols of Goddess Durga , Lord Shiva and Lord Krishna .
4.There are 21 puja committees which use a silver tableaux as the back drop of idols .
5. Ravana Podi is conducted at gadagadia Ghat followed by cracker compitition .The Ravana podi celebration was also conducted before at Mangalabagh , Cuttack.
6 . Apart from Silver filigree works , Yummy street foods & colorful decorative , Cuttack Durga Puja is also famous from beautiful gates , beautiful & unique taboos which add colors to the beautiful decorations .Like the daily life cartoon idols at Chatrabazar , devotional statues at Dolamundai , Ravan moving statue at Nayak Sahi & Badhei Sahi .
7. Badambadi is the first Puja committee with Lord Shiva idol which made silver tableaux .
8. Dhols , Bands & many other decorative are ordered from different parts of Odisha for immersion procession .
9. 16 incarnation of Goddess Katak Chandi , Gada Chandi also takes place during Puja .
10. The immersion of Cuttack Durga Puja is probably the biggest immersion procession in India with 162 idols with colorful lights , decorative and bands .