Watch Suna Besha 2021 Live Telecast from Puri – Live Now
Watch Suna Besha 2021 Live Telecast from Puri – Live Now. Every day is festive in the land of Lord Jagannath. Thousands of disciples of Lord Jagannath come to puri to have the darshan of the Lord of the Universe. There are elaborate daily worship services in the Bada deula (Jagannath Temple, Puri).
There are many festivals celebrated here with millions of people across the globe. A large number of traditional festivals are observed by the devotees of Lord Jagannath.
Out of those numerous festivals, here is the list of twelve important festivals celebrated at Puri Jagannath temple.
Suna Besha Date: 21 July 2021
Suna Bhesha of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra & Devi Subhadra is also known as Raja or Rajadhiraja Bhesha or Raja Bhesha. Suna Bhesha is an event when the Lord Jagannath and other deities Balabhadra, and Goddess Subhadra are adorned with gold jewelry.
Suna Bhesha is observed 5 times during a year. It is commonly observed on Magha Purnima (January), Bahuda Ekadashi also known as Asadha Ekadashi (July), Dashahara (Vijayadashami) (October), Karthik Purnima (November), and Pousa Purnima (December). The name Suna Bhesha is derived from two words, ‘Suna’ meaning “gold” and ‘Bhesha’ meaning “costume. Click to know more ..
The following Ornaments are used to decorate the Deities in Suna Vesha : (Source – Internet)
- Suna Hasta – Golden Hand
- Suna Payar – Golden Feet
- Suna Mukuta – Golden Crown
- Suna Mayur Chandrika – A golden peacock feather used by Lord Jagannath as Sri Krishna headpiece
- Suna Chulapati – A golden ornament worn traditionally on the forehead to increase the beauty of the face
- Suna Kundal – Golden earring of hanging round ball type
- Suna Rahurekha – A half square shaped golden aura around the face of the deities
- Suna Mala – Necklaces with several designs made of gold.
- These include:
- Padma Mala – Lotus Shaped
- Sevati Mala – Shaped Like Small Sun Flower
- Agasti Mala – Moon Shaped flower design
- Kadamba Mala – Kadamba Flower Design (Roundball shape)
- Kante Mala – Big Gold Beads Design
- Mayur Mala – Shaped in Peacock feathers
- Champa Mala – Shaped liked Yellow Champa Flower
- Suna Chakra – Golden Wheel
- Suna Gada – Golden bludgeon
- Suna Padma – Golden Lotus
- Rupa Sankha – A silver conch
Live Streaming Courtesy – DD Odia