- He was a brilliant student and highly patriotic since childhood .He was born in Odia Bazaar of Cuttack,Odisha in the year 1897 as the 9th child of his parents, Netaji was exceptionally brilliant and secured top ranks throughout his study in the school and university.
- He resigned from the Indian Civil Service to join the freedom struggle.
- He was twice elected as the president of the Indian National Congress.
- Bose believed that Gandhi’s tactics of non-violence would never be sufficient to secure India’s independence and advocated violent resistance.
- Mahatma Gandhi called him the “patriot of patriots” which is a high honor especially coming from someone who was opposed to his ideologies. This honor was not unwarranted as Bose really did commit fully to the cause of Indian Independence.
- During the period of 1921-1941, he was imprisoned eleven times in various jails in India for his stand for complete independence .
- Netaji was a much respected name in Japan.On August 23, 2007, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visited the Subhas Chandra Bose memorial hall in Kolkata.
- Abe said to Bose’s family “The Japanese are deeply moved by Bose’s strong will to have led the Indian independence movement from British rule.
- He established Azad Hind Radio station in Germany and lead the Indian nationalist movement in East Asia.
- Subhash Chandra Bose believed that the Bhagvad Gita was a great source of inspiration for the struggle against the British.
- Netaji’s death in a plane crash is still not proven by any evidence. There are many of evidences in favour of Netaji’s existence in Russia and India even after many years of India’s independence.
Also : Netaji Birth Place Museum , Odisha